Search This Blog

Thursday 28 June 2012

XenApp Server 6.5 - a usable server cannot be found on which to launch the application

Error launching a published application on a XenApp 6.5 Server

XenApp 6.5 Event Log

media_1340872607456.png

I spent several hours on a new XenApp 6.5 installation trying to work this out, I had published Adobe Reader X and everytime I launched it from the web interface I had this error that a reidrection error had occured. I checked the event logs on the XenApp Server and the message above was shown in the event log. I spent a lot of time trying to figure this out with it being my first XenApp installation so these are the points to check.

  • Confirm you have created a Worker Group for the XenApp Server and added your server to this group
  • When publishing the application, publish it to the Worker Group
  • Check your ACL on any routing between VLANS, I was building a hosted environment so I had ACL between my XenApp Server and my WI Server and I had missed 1494 and 2598 going from my XenApp Server back to my WI Server.

This solution may be due for more updates as this is a learning curve but as there is a lot of information our there on this issue that was not relevant I thought I would get out there what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment